Our programs are designed to accelerate progress toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in rural communities across sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. Public, private, and non-profit partnerships provide essential funds, expertise, and leverage for the success of our programs, the Flagship Programs and Special Initiatives.
Our flagship programs include:
- Sustainable Districts Program
- One Million Community Health Workers Campaign
- Connect To Learn Program
- Lead Farmers Program
- Millennium Villages Project (2005-2015)
- Sustainable Saemaul Villages Project (SSVP)
- Millennium Cities Initiative
Our current Projects and Special Initiatives include:
- IsDB Sustainable Villages Project (SVP)
- Millennium Villages Scale-Up [link that would open up for broader description and list all the scale-ups, IsDB, SADA, Kaduna, etc.]
17 Goals to Transform Our World
At the end of December 2015, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) reached their 10-year deadline. These goals—halving extreme poverty, improving maternal and child health, ensuring universal primary education, and more—were at the heart of the Millennium Villages Project (MVP) and defined the mission of Millennium Promise from 2205-15.
Now Millennium Promise is shifting focus from the Millennium Development Goals to their successor, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Approved by U.N. member states in September 2015, the 17 SDGs present a new universal agenda that promotes the economic, social, and environmental dimensions of sustainable development, including gender equality and empowerment of women and girls.
Visit sustainable development for more information .